CAPITALIZED letters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPITALIZED letters

Hi, I'm trying to setup a form field with capitalized letters. How do I do that?
    Also, same question pertains text fields - how do you make it all CAPS?

Hi,

In EFI VDP, you can use a Function called "UCase()" to force output to all caps provided you have set up the input variable off the InDesign document viewing area and the UCase function is used in a rules variable on the InDesign document set to cycle 2 that references the input variable. Please see attached screenshots and example template zip.

Kind regards,
    Eric
    Attached Files

Comment

• Starbuck
      Starbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!
      Also I wonder, how can I test the way SmartCanvas works, after the design has been completed?

Hi,

Unfortunately at the time of this post, there isn't a way to force capitalize text in SmartCanvas. A workaround though would be to use a font that is all caps only.

Kind regards,
    Eric

Comment

• Tim.Daisy.Product.Manager
      Editing a comment
      We're working on adding forced caps and initial caps to form fields in SmartCanvas in the future. Stay tuned!

Hi there, I am doing somewhat complex JavaScript scripts and I need to access methods such as Ucase, Lcase, and other standard JS string methods but they don't work. I read the 2014 DSM manual but I don't find anything there. Also, I don't see any Formula Function for initial caps (Title Case)...

Is there a way I could convert all strings to lowercase then using the array data type I can stitch the string back together?

The only solution I'm finding is to apply a regex on the user form and force them to type in as expected but that's not as nice as reformatting whatever they type in.

Thank you.

Alejandro

Comment

Working...
    X