Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the maximum records you can print from DSM VDP Studio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the maximum records you can print from DSM VDP Studio?

I created a layout from indesign and use DirectSmile VDP studio to link my variables. at the beginning, i imported my csv file with 10000 records. I had no issue printing those records but when increase the records in my csv files and use that records on my layout, i noticed that they system will only generate 10K records/PDF copies instead of 100K. I am printing to PDF. Is it possible for the system to print all 100K records define in DirectSmile VDP studio when printing to PDF from DirectSmile VDP Studio?

Btw, on DSM Job - Job Menu , when you select Print Job, there is this option called Records. What is blocksize that it is referring to and what is Printf from Block under the Records option? Also what does it mean by Print Job in Muliple blocks?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 1.29.20 PM.png
Views:	82
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1116

Hi,

In your case you will need to make 10 blocks of 10,000 records. The first block will be from register 1 to 10000 (first pdf), the second block will be from 10001 to 20000 (second pdf) and last block will be from 90001 to 100000.

Block size: Number of records in a block (PDF).
    Print from block: VDP studio allows to print some determined blocks, for example if there are problems of manipulations (post printing)...

Best regards
    Jaume
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X