Keep conditional variable from appearing on DSF product purchase page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep conditional variable from appearing on DSF product purchase page

I'm trying to create a VDP business card that has a conditional variable in it. (I'm using DirectSmile VDP.) I want the end user to be able to select a country from their storefront and then have both that country and the country code appear on the business card. I've set up a conditional variable called [[FPh1]] that's defined as seen in this screenshot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	1209

The variable [[FPh1]] is set to run in Cycle 2. When I use a sample data set in DirectSmile VDP, everything works perfectly. In the InDesign file, [[Co1]] and [[FPh1]] are sitting in place on the business card. [[Ph1]] is sitting in the pasteboard, as shown:

Click image for larger version  Name:	BC.JPG Views:	4 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	1211

Then I set up a single column data source in DSF that looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-03-12 15.22.27.png Views:	1 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	1210

For [[Co1]], the end user chooses from this single column data source as a drop-down menu.

What I want is for the variable [[FPh1]] not to show up as a field for the end user to fill in. Right now it does, and I can't get it to go away.

I also want [[FPh1]] to automatically generate based on what the end user selects from the drop-down menu for [[Co1]]. It does not. [[Co1]] shows up, but nothing appears for [[FPh1]].

In short: please help. I've been through all the documentation and cannot find an answer.
    Last edited by elizabeth_bbm; 13th March 2019, 15:46.
Working...
X